If you have never been weak, never been hurt, never lived…read no further.
Advent leads us to Bethlehem’s Babe, but Bethlehem’s Babe leads us to Life, not without pain, sorrow, or despair, but Life that can make a difference.
When I am weak
From his birth in Bethlehem to his death on Calvary, Jesus experienced the weakness of the flesh. Restricted by the structure of human mind and body, he exemplifies the power of weakness.
Consider a few of his weak moments, perhaps fellow traveler, you can relate:
- When I am sick
- When I am hungry
- When I am without clothing
- When I am dependent on the good will of others to supply my every need
- When I lose family and friends to the old enemy death
- When I am homeless, seeking shelter, shower, and space to call my own
- When I am despondent, depressed, sweating blood and my prayer warriors are sleeping
- When I am betrayed
- When I am abandoned by my friends
- When I am arrested, in prisoned, insulted, lied to and subjected to the judgement of a crowd that wants to destroy me.
When He was WEAK, for the sake of our salvation, He WAS STRONG.
Whatever thorn you have in your flesh, Christ feels your every pain.
In Him that THORN can witness to His Grace better than all the gifts of the Spirit, all your human talents, and all the strengths you lean on.
Ask God HOW HE intends to manifest this promise in your life:
“My grace is enough for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” So then, I will boast most gladly about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may reside in me.”
2 Corinthians 12:9 NET